Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant
Title: Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary Range: $30,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience
The Good Food Accelerator program provides Good Food entrepreneurs with curriculum, coaching, mentoring, strategic support, and access to resources and sources of capital so they can thrive commercially and grow profitable Good Food businesses.
The Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to program staff, in order to successfully deliver FamilyFarmed’s Good Food Accelerator programs, including the Good Food Accelerator (GFA) and Good Food Accelerator Extension (GFAx). The Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant will report to the Good Food Accelerator Program Manager, and will collaborate with program consultants and other FamilyFarmed staff.
- Full-time, permanent, salaried, exempt and benefits-eligible
- Salary range of $30,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package includes PTO, health insurance, and retirement with company matching contribution
- Typical office hours at 225 West Hubbard Street in Chicago are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. During the six months that each annual GFA cohort is in session, the position requires on-site presence at 1871, located at the Merchandise Mart, one day per week for curriculum delivery. Position includes occasional evenings and weekends during scheduled events.
The Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant will support Good Food Accelerator program team in the delivery of the six-month GFA cohort and bi-annual GFAx cohort(s) from start to finish, including but not limited to areas of:
- Outreach, recruitment, and selection
- Speaker coordination and curriculum delivery
- Fellows’ deliverables tracking
- Assistance in coordination fo GFA-related events
- Network cultivation
Programmatic Administration and Implementation Activities
- Fielding inquiries from entrepreneurs and potential Fellows, mentors and partners
- Assisting Program Manager with program communications and website updates, in coordination with FamilyFarmed’s communications and marketing team
- Maintaining up-to-date contact information for program partners and participants
- Assisting program team with calendar management and meeting scheduling
- Assisting in creating meeting agendas and recording/organizing/filing meeting notes
- Assisting Program Manager in coordinating weekly curriculum sessions and maintaining accurate curriculum/speaker digital files
- Maintaining cohort task management platform
- Administering and collecting weekly cohort surveys and other metrics tracking tools
- Assisting team in carrying out program-related events, including planning, registration, set-up, breakdown, etc.
- Assisting in designing visual aids for meetings, presentations, grant applications, etc
- Assisting as needed with the annual Financing Fair and coordinate the Pitch Slam, both held at the annual Good Food Financing & Innovation Conference in Chicago
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Works well autonomously as well as collaboratively
- High degree of empathy and sensitivity
- Recognizes (and utilizes discretion when handling) sensitive information
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 or more years of related experience
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Prior experience with a business accelerator
- Prior experience with non-profit programs
- Passionate and active in Chicago’s Good Food space
- Experience using a CRM database
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or similar products (Google/Apple)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets. During scheduled events, the work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but there will be cases where the noise level is loud to extremely loud.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. During scheduled events, the physical demand characteristics described below are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
It is FamilyFarmed’s policy to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions or opportunities of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, veteran status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
FamilyFarmed will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, veteran status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, job classification, upgrading, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for and quality of training.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Good Food Accelerator Program Assistant