Good Food is Good Medicine Program Coordinator
For more than two decades, FamilyFarmed has been a leader in the work to build a better food system that encourages everyone to eat food that is produced as locally as possible using sustainable, humane and fair practices. Our enduring goals are a healthier, more environmentally sustainable and more economically dynamic food system, and our vision is Good Food On Every Table.
The Good Food is Good Medicine Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting administration and delivery for FamilyFarmed’s Good Food is Good Medicine (GFGM) program. The Good Food is Good Medicine Coordinator will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of FamilyFarmed and will collaborate with other FamilyFarmed staff, the GFGM Advisory Board and local community organizations.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to act as the liaison between the GFGM program, its constituents and local community organizations. The Program Coordinator will serve as the hub for the program’s activities, which includes coordinating program activities, communicating and coordinating with partners, and advocating GFGM to our communities.
To be successful as a Program Coordinator, you should be able to ensure accurate record keeping/tracking, support program activities, collaborate with partners and communities and ensure participant satisfaction. Ultimately, an excellent Program Coordinator should be an outstanding communicator with a talent for building strong relationships and effectively managing events.
- Serving as primary point of contact for GFGM program and its partners
- Working with program leaders to plan and coordinate operational and administrative support for program activities
- Organizing/coordinating program partner meetings, program sessions and presentations
- Collecting data, tracking program metrics and preparing reports
- Coordinating with COO on required financial data and records
- College degree or relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in community engagement
- Experience working with underserved and/or underrepresented communities preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong MS Excel and MS PPT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Excellent writing and editing skills, ability to adapt to varied audiences
- Demonstrated collaborative mindset
- Highly organized
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines in an evolving program
This is a full-time job with a salary of $42,000-50,000 per year. FamilyFarmed offers competitive benefits including health, dental, and life insurance, flexible schedule and generous PTO. Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.