Program Director – FamilyFarmed
Pay range: $75,000-$85,000
We Are…a non-profit organization committed to putting good food on every table. Whether we’re educating farmers, helping food start-ups or spreading the word about healthy eating, we come together in a collaborative environment unified by a commitment to serving people and communities. From our team to our funders to our volunteers, we celebrate the opportunity to make a measurable impact on the communities we serve.
Our core programs:
- Good Food Accelerator: supporting local good food-focused entrepreneurs with community, coaching and community as they bring their products to market and scale for growth.
- Farmer Training: Educating small farmers so the food they produce is safe and can generate revenue.
- Good Food is Good Medicine: spreading the word in local communities about how to bring healthier food to their daily lives.
You Are…passionate about helping food entrepreneurs, farmers and communities find ways to bring healthy food to every table. You’re committed to supporting underserved and underrepresented communities and the people who live in them. More than anything, you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of an organization that is making a difference.
What You Bring to the Role…
- At least 10 years of experience in non-profit program management or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead impactful programming for our key audiences
- Experience managing direct reports and creating a positive work environment
- A passion for collaborative problem solving and continuous improvement
- An understanding of metrics, reporting and feedback tools
- Comfort being in front of a crowd, facilitating a meeting or working individually with one person
- A focus on results for our work and for our program participants
- The ability to build relationships with a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Terrific listening skills based on empathy and supported by excellent communication skills
- Strong tech skills so you can dive into spreadsheets, create a presentation or write a message with skill and expertise
- A commitment to supporting people and organizations in underserved and underrepresented communities
- Bachelor’s level college degree (education, non-profit and/or business preferred) or relevant work experience
What You Will Be Doing…you’ll be the guiding force of our three core programs, leading our Program Coordinators on our quest to provide great service, create collaborative communities and share knowledge through our programs. Whether you’re working with entrepreneurs, farmers, volunteers, funders or your colleagues, you’ll be the one making sure that great ideas translate into actionable plans and measuring our progress to be sure activities have a tangible impact. Equally importantly, you’ll lead the charge as we expand our focus to reach more people in Chicago’s underserved and underrepresented communities.
What’s In It for You…
- Seeing the impact of your work on people, companies and communities
- A flexible work schedule that can include some remote work
- A 90-day onboarding plan, followed by ongoing professional development opportunities
- Health insurance benefits that are fully paid by FamilyFarmed
- 401K with 3% match
- Paid holidays, maternity leave and other benefits