Senior Office Administrator
Title: Senior Office Administrator
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Compensation: $52,500-65,000 (commensurate with experience and skill level)
FamilyFarmed is a non-profit organization committed to expanding the production, marketing and distribution of locally grown and responsibly produced food, in order to enhance the social, economic, and environmental health of our communities.
Status: Full-time, permanent, exempt. Compensation ranges from $52,500-65,000, commensurate with experience and skill level.
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Senior Office Administrator is the operational contact for FamilyFarmed and is responsible for supporting the administrative needs of the senior leadership, Board and the organization as a whole. The Senior Office Administrator performs administrative tasks, implements human resource initiatives, and supports the Leadership Team in developing & implementing policies & procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Operations and Facility Management (50%)
• Improve current administrative processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
• Oversee and manage facilities including maintenance, vendors and related contracts
• Manage and track assets, property and inventory
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and submit supply requisitions
• Manage office systems, including IT acquisitions and service requests
• Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
• Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
• Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
• Maintain and utilize internal database using CRM and other tools
• Maintain a safe and secure working environment
• Administer risk management protocols including insurance coverage
• Organize and coordinate staff functions and activities
Executive Support (30%)
• Manage calendars for CEO, Director of Operations and overall organization, and ensure deadlines are being met
• Provide administrative support, including drafting documents and communications, to CEO, Director of Operations, and senior development team members
• Assist CEO with internal communication, meeting with Leadership Team and attending to staff needs, ensuring problem resolution
• Keep CEO abreast on current company climate (employee well-being, project statuses, new proposals, etc.)
• Prepare and submit CEO expense reports
Human Resources Administration (10%)
• Track paid time-off
• Administer employee benefits
• Payroll Preparation, Processing and Updates
• Review, evaluation and management of benefits
• Manage full-cycle HR initiatives including recruitment, hiring and termination
• Coordinate on-boarding of new staff members
• Policy, procedure and best practices development and implementation
• Serve as primary liaison with insurance, payroll processor and online benefits system
Board Support (10%)
• Oversee meeting preparations for Board of Directors
• Support CEO in managing interactions with Board Chair and Committee Leaders
• Support CEO and Board Chair in Preparing Board Packets
• Support CEO and Board Chair in scheduling and delivering successful board meetings
• Develop & implement Board communications procedures, including and drafting newsletters and coordinating ad-hoc communication as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong administrative management skills
• Advanced and current knowledge of human resources management, best practices and procedures
• Knowledge of business and management principles
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment, hardware, software, and online tools in a largely Mac environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
• Ability to smoothly shift gears when faced with changing priorities
• Self-directed and self-motivated team player
• Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
• Initiative, integrity, organizational skills, and time management
Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess:
• Business degree or previous office management experience
• Supervisory experience
• Passion for supporting nonprofits and the Good Food movement
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, routers, modems, phones, smart televisions, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and other office tasks are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool or stepladder as necessary. Other duties may require carrying, lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, and kneeling.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
It is FamilyFarmed’s policy to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions or opportunities of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, veteran status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
FamilyFarmed will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, veteran status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, job classification, upgrading, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for and quality of training.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Office Administrator.”